In this video, I discuss five key new laws facing California employers:
- California’s Supplemental Paid Sick Leave, which took effect in September 2020 (read more about AB 1867 here)
- AB 685 requiring employers to provide notice of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the workplace, effective on January 1, 2021 (read more about AB 685 here)
- SB 1159 – workers’ compensation presumption regarding COVID-19 in the workplace, which took effect on September 17, 2020,
- SB 1383’s expansion of California Family Leave Rights Act (CFRA) leave to employers with 5 or more employees, effective January 1, 2021, and
- SB 973’s requirement for employers to report pay data to the state of California starting in March 2021.