I’ll be posting some short clips of a recent presentation I conducted on complying with California’s paid sick leave law. In this first video, I discuss some general rules California employers need to consider to comply with the July 1, 2015 deadline to offer paid sick leave to employees. Topics include:
- how to calculate pay rates for employees with fluctuating pay
- impact of services charges on the employee’s regular rate of pay
- the 90 day waiting period before employees can use the paid leave
- required notices employers must use
- key deadlines to comply with the law
Please subscribe to the California Employment Law Report Youtube channel here.