This Friday’s Five is a video covering five common questions about severance agreements in California:
- When are severance agreements appropriate in California?
- What are common terms in severance agreements? Such as a non-disparagement clauses and reference clauses.
- How much of a payment is required to the employee in a severance agreement?
- What is a section 1542 waiver of all known and unknown claims?
- Can employers include confidentiality provisions in severance agreements?
When preparing a severance agreement, employers should also keep in mind the prohibitions on including confidentiality clauses in agreements that cover harassment claims.