I will be conducting a webinar on January 15, 2013 on legal issues of social media in the workplace. The presentation will cover everything a California employer needs to know about social media in the modern workplace of 2013:
- Discussion on the new law (Labor Code section 960) that prohibits employers from asking applicants and employees for their social media passwords taking effect on January 1, 2013.
- How to avoid invading employees’ privacy rights when using social media for background checks.
- Developments on how the NLRB held that some social media policies restrict an employee’s right to “engage in concerted activities.”
- How to use the Internet to properly conduct a background check for applicant.
- Discussion on whether your company needs a social media policy.
- Evaluating whether an employer may be held liable for failing to use social media and the Internet to conduct a background check.
- Alternatives to social media policies.
The cost is $150 (this is waived for clients). You may register below, or send me an email if you are a client.
This webinar has been preapproved by HRCI for 1 recertification credit hour.
"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."