Governor Brown signed a number of new employment laws that take effect in January 2012. During this webinar, we will cover the new obligations facing employers under these recently enacted employment laws as well as the proper steps employers should take to comply with them. The discussion will also cover the recent oral argument in Brinker Restaurant Corp. v. Superior Court and what steps employers should take while waiting for the Supreme Court’s ruling.
Other topics will include:
- New laws effective January 2012, including:
- Statute increasing the penalties for employers who misclassify independent contractors
- What the Wage Theft Protection Act of 2011 means for employers
- Gender identity and expression
- Prohibiting e-verify requirements under the Employment Acceleration Act of 2011.
- New requirement to provide health benefits during pregnancy disability leave
- Review of new developments that took place in 2011:
- Development of case law upholding class action waivers in arbitration agreements
- Payment requirements for non-resident employees working in California
The cost is $150 per connection (no fee for existing clients). Click here for more information and to register.